Ian de Medeiros Esper, Pål J. From, Alex Mason
Published in Trends in Food Science & Technology
- Reviewed intelligent robotic systems that are being developed or are already available for the carcass cutting and deboning.
- Provides an overview of the current relevant automation in abattoirs.
- Presents Overview, Process and Critical review of research and commercial projects.
- Commercial products are Frontmatec AiRA Robots, Mayekawa Hamdas-RX, and SCOTT Automated Boning Room.
- Research are SRDViand Z-cut robotic system, ham deboning system and ECHORD-DEXDEB, and SINTEF GRIBBOT.
- Evaluate of production efficiency, worker’s health, hygiene standards, scalability to suit all production volumes.
- Investigate the adaptability of these systems to different production concepts, e.g., cell based factory.